Academie Duello: Green Cord
The green cord is the first rank in the progression of study at Academie Duello. This rank corresponds to an Apprentice or Novice rank. A student acquires this rank by demonstrating a basic familiarity with the terminology and form of medieval Italian swordfighting. It is succeeded by the blue cord.
- Basic Posture of Rapier
- Prima, Seconda, Terza, Quarta
- Misura, Larga and Stretta
- Advance, Retreat, and sideways stepping
- Angulation and stepping off the line
- Cavare, Sotto and Sopra
- Definitions of the Four Tempos
- The 8 cuts of sidesword both true and false
- The Basic Posture of Longsword
- The 6 cuts of longsword
- The Academie Salute and Pledge
- The 2 Tenets of the Academie.