Wikipedia provides a comprehensive array of tools for creating pages. However, WMAwiki has a unique focus that requires an extended toolbox. Here is a list of tools that we've created to facilitate expansion of our wiki:
Templates for creating "pagers"
- The pagination template, Template:Pagination. Use this template to link related sections of a treatise that spans multiple WMAwiki articles.
- The plate template Template:plate. This template puts a pager in your article for going to the next or previous plate in a treatise (supposing you have a page for each plate).
Templates for creating mouse-over popup text
- The hover template, Template:Hover. This allows you to create text that, when the pointer is passed over it, creates a pop-up text. Very useful if you want to use non-English words in your article (put the English translation in the hover text).
- The hover-and-link template, Template:hov. Similar to the above, but assumes that the text is a link.
These templates allow you to create boxes for information in a condensed format in you article. They appear on the right-hand side of the page, and text wraps around them.
- The master infobox, Template:Infobox Master, in which information about historical teachers and authors of treatises is summarized.
- The translation infobox, Template:Infobox Translation, in which translations of terminology into various European languages are listed.
- The facsimile infobox, Template:Infobox facsimile, in which one or two pages from a facsimiled treatise, may be displayed with a caption.
Creating your own tools
If you're feeling wiki-savvy and want to create some new template of your own, please go right ahead! Just be sure to include some documentation with the template so other people can figure out how to use it. Then add it to this list.
If you have an idea but aren't sure how to start, look at the source code for the templates listed above to get some pointers.