What is WMAWiki?
WMAWiki.org is an online resource that is collaboratively created and edited by many of its users. It is a special type of website called a wiki that makes collaboration easy. A very popular wiki on the internet is Wikipedia.
WMAWiki is a work in progress by nature, meaning we need your help to make this the best resource available to Western Martial Artists. To become a part of the editing community and improve our existing articles or add new ones, simply create an account by clicking the Create Account link in the upper right hand corner of this page, and start editing!
Don't be afraid to edit. Add an article, improve some grammar, or add some facts. Be bold! You can't break WMAWiki. There is nothing that you do that can't be changed or improved later. Many of our original articles included gaping holes, we were fully aware of, or our own conjecture or interpretation -- we put it out there so others could see it and make it better. So get out there and start making your mark on WMAWiki!
Ways you Can Help
There are many ways you can help, but here are a few suggestions:
- Find a missing article and add it. Missing articles show up as red links throughout the site.
- Find a stub (a short article) and expand it.
- Join a Study Project and become part of creating an online translation or interpretation of an historical manuscript.
- Correct the facts, grammar, or formatting of an existing article.
- Add useful resources to a portal such as Instruction or Training.
- Add your school or study group to our Schools and Study Groups page.
How to Edit
We could write our own tutorial here, but Wikipedia has already gone to great lengths to put together a comprehensive one of their own, and considering they're using the same engine as us, we recommend you check it out] to get a good tour of the editing features available to you.