(Redirected from Coda lunga e distesa)
A family of cut-and-thrust guards with the sword outside the body, either to the right or left.
- Coda lunga e larga: sword angled down
- Coda lunga e stretta: sword angled up
- Coda lunga e alta: sword high and angled inward
- Coda lunga e distesa: sword extended behind; the hand may be turned so that the false edge faces up or to the right.
Marozzo's guardia alta
Attacks from guardia alta
- Compare to the porta di ferro family of guards, which are all inside the body.